Thursday, September 20, 2007

commitment seminar assignment, post #1

On commitments -- what I say they are, and what they actually are:

- I say that I am committed to extraordinary health. What shows up in reality is commitment to my comfort. For example, I called in sick to work yesterday because I was having some lightheadedness and dizziness, and I slept all day. When I woke up, I could have gone for a walk (I felt great after the extra sleep and had no more dizziness), but I made up that since I stayed out of work for the day, I probably shouldn't go out for exercise. I was actually just experiencing inertia, and then I made up a story that let me stay comfortable.

-This is an area of my life that is important to me. One of the things I am taking on in this seminar is having a breakthrough in the area of my health. On December 9, I will be completing the Honolulu marathon (as a racewalker). The last time I did this was six years ago, and I am significantly less active now than I was then. I am also working on finding a diet that works for my body as well as my soul and the planet (an authentic relationship with food!!), and this is posing some challenges (the dizziness above; I think I may be missing some nutrients, but it's going to take some work to find out).

-I did go to the doctor today and asked for some lab tests. Results will be available in a couple of days. New openings for action call us powerfully to action!


No comments: